Police Computer Centre
Police Computer Centre is entrusted with all computerisation activities of the Police department. It is directly under the supervision of Addl Director General of Police, State Crime Records Bureau. The unit is headed by Superintendent of Police, Police Computer Centre. Even though it was one of the oldest computer centre, the drastic change in computerization in the department happened during the mid-90s with the new technology interventions.
The functions of Police Computer Centre based on the works it had carried out can be enumerated as follows:
- To undertake expansion of process of computerization to different areas of Police Work
- Maintain and set out modernization requirements for the existing infrastructure at Police Computer Centre, DCRBx and other units. â€¢ Identify training requirements and impart computer training
- Study new technologies in ICT for adopting it in Police Computerisation Scheme
- To liaise with NCRB, MHA, Govt of India and other State counter-parts in implementing systems developed commonly for all states as part of standardization of police work (CCTNS/CIPA, CCIS, MVCS, DCR, Talash )
- To provide technical supervision in day-to-day function of Police Computer Centre, DCRBx etc.
Police computer centre is one of the oldest computer centres in Kerala. It was set up in the year 1972 with second generation computers available at that time. The old computer TDC systems established at that time was later handed over to the Science and Technology Museum as a precious old device. It started functioning as an independent unit under the direct supervision of Police Headquarters till 1989. SCRB was formed vide Govt. Order (MS)/69/89/HOME dated 8th May 1989 by bringing the units such as Police Computer Centre, Crime Intelligence Bureau & Statistical wing from CBCID, Finger print Bureau , Photographic Bureau and Police Press.
System and Projects
Crime & Criminal Tracking Network and Systems
Common Integrated Police Application
Official Website of Kerala Police
Sabarimala Virtual-Q System
Kerala Police @ Sabarimala - Web Portal
MOIS- Digital Criminal Gallery
SAS- Security Alert System
Road Safety Management System
- Got commendation letter from the State Police Chief for the development and implementation of virtual Q system.
- Got appreciation letter from Travancore Devaswom Board for the innovative works related Virtual Q System.
- Sabarimala Virtual Q system of Police Computer Centre bags special award of the Honb’le Chief Minister of Kerala for the best innovative award for public service delivery and Rupees Four Lakhs for year 2011-12.
- Won the gold medal by Shri. Dili, Civil Police Officer working in Police Computer Center in the All India Police Duty Meet 2012 in computer awareness completion.
- Won the gold medal by Shri. Pramoth, Civil Police Officer working in Police Computer Center in All India Police Duty Meet 2007 in CCIS/SQL competition
- Won the silver medal by Shri. Mukesh MR, Civil Police Officer working in Police Computer Center in All India Police Duty Meet 2010 in computer awareness competition.
- Got special comments from Ministry of Home Affairs / National Crime Records Bureau for the best performance of works related to implementation of Crime & Criminal Tracking Network and Systems (CCTNS) project.
- Common Integrated Police Application (CIPA) project implemented in all over Kerala since 2009 by Police Computer Centre.
- 62% of police personnel in local police had given basic computer training in the supervision of Police Computer Centre.