Six arrested for credit card scam
An international gang of credit card fraudsters has been arrested by Kerala Police. These fraudsters had purchased gold worth of RS 2.75 lakhs using different credit cards from a jewellery in Kannur. Later it was found that the credit cards used were fake ones.
Shri Tomin J Thachankary IPS, Inspector General of Police Kannur Range said in the Press conference that the arrested persons have imported blank credit cards from China and embossed credit card numbers on these blank credit cards using Chinese punching machine. They collected the details of the credit cards from ATM booths through skimmer, through hacking and from foreign sources. The equipments used by the fraudsters were also seized by the police.
The team behind the detection and investigation of this case is Shri. Anup Kuruvila John IPS, SP Kannur, Shri. Shaji Sugunan, DySP Narcotic Cell, Shri. N.Rajesh, DySP Kannur, Shri. Sadanandan, CI Kannur Town, Shri Sudhakaran, CI Payyannur, Shri.Prince Abraham, CI Sreekandapuram, Shri. Rajesh, SI Kannur Town and HCs/ PCs Shri. Mahijan, Shri.Sreejith, Shri. Baby George, Shri.Rafi, Shri.Rajashekharan and Shri.Vinod.
TIPS TO THE PUBLIC
- ALWAYS CHECK THE PREMISES AND THE MACHINE, IF YOU FIND ANYTHING UNUSUAL (SKIMMERS) DO NOT DO THE TRANSACTION.
- COVER WHILE ENTERING YOUR PIN. BE CAREFUL OF SMALL CAMERA THAT CAN BE INSTALLED.
- DO NOT LEAVE YOUR STATEMENTS THAT ARE PRINTED AFTER A TRANSACTION BEHIND. TAKE IT HOME AND SHRED THEM.
- ALWAYS CHECK YOUR BALANCE AND KEEP A RECORD OF ALL TRANSACTIONS.
- DO NOT GET INTO CONVERSATIONS OR BE ON A CALL.
- DO NOT FORGET TO TAKE YOUR CARD AFTER THE TRANSACTION